Friends and Neighbors,
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The Department of Veterans Affairs will be holding the 2020 Veterans Stand Down virtually on Thursday, September 24th, and Friday, September 25th.
This two-day event provides Connecticut’s Veterans with a wide variety of programs and services offered by State and Federal agencies, Veterans Organizations, and Community Based Non-profits.
Thursday’s 9:00 a.m. virtual kickoff ceremony will be held at the DVA Rocky Hill Campus broadcast via social media. Following the ceremony, there will be online informational sessions and webinars conducted by the DVA and other agencies and community service providers on topics including supportive services for veterans and their families, Federal VA Benefits, housing, and homeless services, state labor/employment, and vocational resources, Veteran caregiver support, legal aid and assistance and many more.
Friday’s event will include the distribution of personal need items to Veterans by Veterans service organizations and community-based non-profits at four locations:
- DVA Rocky Hill Campus, 287 West Street in Rocky Hill.
- Patrick Waldron Veterans Hall, 23 Memorial Dr. in Danbury.
- Port 5 National Assoc. of Naval Veterans, 69 Brewster St. in Bridgeport.
- Veterans Rally Point/Easter Seals, 24 Stott Ave. in Norwich
Important to note
The following COVID-19 mitigation protocols will be in place and strictly adhered to for attendance at all the regional distribution and information locations:
- You may only go to the site for which you registered.
- Please select a time slot to attend and attend that time slot only.
- Please follow all directions given by event personnel. Masks must be worn (covering mouth and nose) by all attendees.
- Physical distancing is required. There will be one-way foot traffic – please follow directions of event personnel.
- If you are not feeling well, please do not go to a regional distribution location.
- If needed, masks will be provided, and hand sanitizer will be available.
Irene Haines – State Representative – 34th Assembly District